COVID-19 Update: Temporary Changes to How We Gather
Good Afternoon Church Family,
In light of the changes to the COVID 19 response recommendations that have now been put forth in our nation that all groups over 10 people refrain from gathering for the next 15 days, we are going to temporarily move all of our gatherings online for the time being. All other groups that meet at the church will be moved to alternate forms as well (over the phone, email, internet). I use the word “temporarily” here because we are not certain at this point how long this will be. There are many sources giving information, many timeframes that are being put forth, and with that, I am going to take this one day at a time, one week at a time, praying with petition and thanksgiving daily, trusting for peace (Philippians 4:6-7), knowing that this will end sooner than later. At this time, we are not setting a date for our return to regularly scheduled corporate in-person gatherings, however, I can assure you that we will be communicating with you as things change.
This certainly changes what we have become used to, but lets be sure to “grow through what we are going through!”
Even in writing this, I miss you all already! I am already looking forward to the day we will be back together again, those times are so sweet and I know they will be even sweeter in the future. Keep that in your heart as well as we get through this together.
Below, I have some things listed that reflect the initial ways in which we will begin to gather differently starting this week:
1. Our weekend services will be streamed online at their normal times (9am and 10:45am), nothing will be pre-recorded to help keep things personal!
2. Wednesday night youth group will be held online (Starting this week)! This will be new, fun, and exciting!
3. On Thursday night (and each Thursday) we will be streaming online a night of worship, prayer, and devotion at 6:30pm. This will be available on all our platforms (our website, church app, and Facebook streaming).
4. We are working to put together a weekly Children’s Ministry online.
5. We will also be sending out various devotionals and encouragements via email, social media, and over the phone.
6. As I mentioned, we have begun an initiative called “Help us Help,” I have am making appointments each morning starting tomorrow morning at 5am to give resources out at local stores to those in need. We will share the stories that come from this, please share yours as well!
Here is a story from today. We called our neighbors to ask if there was anything they needed and they asked for a Costco chicken. We were able to provide it for them and left it at their doorstep. Their response was, when this is over, we want to have you over for a BBQ. Praise the Lord, He is as work! I hope you are able to help those around you similarly.
Additionally, we want to help those in our church however we can. If you have specific needs, please let us know. Let’s be a church that continues to bear one another’s burdens. My prayer is that the “Help us Help” fund will be sufficient to help with these needs as they come.
7. Please call, write, email, and encourage one another. Please engage with our social media, share stories about what the Lord is doing in your life.
Financially, this could be a challenging time for our church. That said, we appreciate your generosity and support as we get through this difficult time together. We have an online giving platform available you can utilize as the Lord leads you, and we trust Him for all necessary provisions.
I have included the link for your reference: Online Giving
Lastly, We find ourselves in a time when people need the Hope of Jesus, I pray Romans 15:13 over us that we would not only be filled with Hope (absolute expectation on coming good), but that we would overflow with Hope in every way we are able! Paul writes below, that God would fill with hope, so that we would overflow…Let Hope arise and overflow, to all who see, and those you know!
Romans 15:13, May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Let Hope overflow, lets grow as the church in this hour, and trust the Lord for His strength and power. I am learning how to do this at a rapid rate, thank you for staying in it, fighting the good fight, and being projectors of Christ’s light.
God is still on the throne, this too will pass, and will pass very soon, let’s keep our disposition of faith and trust in Christ as we get through!
Please reach out to me or our staff if you have other ideas on how we can grow closer to the Lord and to each other during this time.
I love you dearly,
Up to date information from the CDC can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html